The power of emotions over our decisions
1. "I feel butterflies in my stomach": Our emotions activate our autonomic nervous system which controls basic functions of our body such as digestion, blood flow, breathing and sexual response, so the next time you feel those "butterflies in your stomach", ask yourself what is triggering that level of arousal of your emotions.
2. Duration of emotions: An emotion can last from a fraction of a second to several hours or days. In general, negative emotions are the ones that last the longest in our body.
3. Love is not an emotion: Love is considered a bond that can generate different types of emotions such as joy and happiness but also anger or pre-coupe.
4. Emotional Coefficient (CE) vs. Intellectual Coefficient (IQ): 85% of your financial success is due to your personality and your ability to communicate, negotiate and lead (CE). Only 15% is due to our intelligence (IQ)..
5. Mimicking emotions: If you make gestures of distress, worry or happiness with your face for a few minutes you will begin to notice that your emotions are turning the same way.
This article is based on: medium.com | Kate Pljaskovova
More to come on how to detect emotions through different techniques ranging from Eye Trackers to Facial Coding.
The definition of Neuromarketing is: the discipline that through neuromarketing allows us to understand the non-conscious reactions of the consumer or user when exposed to any marketing stimulus.